Thursday, June 3, 2010

Pasta-Pepporanata




Red pepper, sliced 1 and 1/2 cup

Green pepper, sliced 1 and 1/2 cup

Yellow pepper, sliced 1 and 1/2 cup

Onion, large, sliced 1 cup

Garlic cloves, minced 8

Olive oil 3 tablespoons (I used only 2)

Water 3 tablespoons

Salt and pepper to taste

Spaghetti, cooked, warm 8 ounces (I used Barilla Whole Grain Spaghetti)

Parmesan cheese, grated 1/4 cup (optional. So I omitted it)



1. Cook pasta according to the package directions. I didn’t have a tall saucepan to cook the spaghetti, so I broke it into half. I cooked it for 8 minutes and it had the perfect texture.


2. Saute peppers, onions and garlic in oil in large skillet for 2 to 3 minutes.


3. Add water; cook covered, over medium-high heat until soft, 2 to 3 minutes.


4. Stir in sugar; cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat until mixture is very soft and browned, about 20 minutes.


5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.


6. Toss with spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese if desired.


http://www.egglesscooking.com

No comments:

Post a Comment